The importance of fruits and vegetables
Experts agree, fruits and vegetables are an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Almost every day, another piece of research or another news story touts the risk-reducing power of fruits and vegetables and their health benefits.
The message is clear, we need more of the health-giving whole food nutrition of fruits and vegetables in our diets, every single day. Unfortunately, most people don’t eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables, especially not every day. Those we do eat tend to be over-processed, over-cooked, or too far removed from the field and therefore lack much of the nutrition provided in fresh raw fruits and vegetables.
Juice Plus+ helps fill the gap between what we should eat and what we actually eat
Juice Plus+ is the convenient and inexpensive way to add more nutrition to your diet from fruits and vegetables, every day. Each of the Juice Plus+ Blends (Fruit, Vegetable, and Berry) contains 11 different fruits, vegetables, and grains adding up to 33 fruits and vegetables in your diet every day.
How Juice Plus+ is made
Juice Plus+ is made from fresh, premium quality non-GMO fruits and vegetables grown on our specially selected farms. It is carefully tested to ensure that no pesticides or other contaminants affect the natural purity of the product. These fruits and vegetables are juiced and the juices are then concentrated into powders using a proprietary, low-temperature process.
Clinical studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals have demonstrated that Juice Plus+:
- Delivers key phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body.
- Reduces oxidative stress.
- Helps support a healthy immune system.
- Helps protect DNA.
- Positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness.
- Supports healthy skin.
- Supports healthy gums.
Unlike traditional vitamin supplements
Isolated vitamin and multivitamin combinations alone simply can’t deliver the wide range of nutrients that wholefoods provide. That’s why, unlike traditional vitamin supplements, Juice Plus+ nutritional products are wholefood based, specifically designed to provide more of the nutrition lacking in our diets today. Juice Plus+ products contain a much wider variety of vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients as found in wholesome wholefoods.
Fruit, Vegetable & Berry blends
Fruit blend contains:
- apple, peach, cranberry, orange, mango, lemon peel, acerola cherry, pineapple, prune, date, beet.
Veggie blend contains:
- carrot, cabbage, kale, lemon peel, broccoli, beet, tomato, garlic, parsley, spinach, rice bran.
Berry blend contains:
- raspberry, blueberry, bilberry, cranberry, pomegranate, concord grape, black currant, blackberry, elderberry, artichoke, cocoa
Omega blend – Plant-based omega supplement
Just as most people don’t consume enough fruits and vegetables daily, they’re also lacking in omega-3 fatty acids. It’s an issue because omega-3s are as important to your health as fruits and veggies! In fact, there is a large and growing body of scientific evidence that says a diet rich in omega fatty acids supports a broad array of health benefits, especially for the heart and eyes.
What makes Juice Plus+ Omega Blend unique?
- Plant-based whole food nutrition: true to our commitment to plant-based nutrition, we blend oils from six different wholefood plant sources: algae, pomegranate seeds, sea buckthorn berries, raspberry seeds, tomato seeds and safflower seeds.
- Pure and sustainable: Fish are rich in omega-3s because they eat algae that are rich in omega-3s. We cut out the middle fish by extracting our omega-3s from the original algal source, not from the fish. This provides us with a pure, more sustainable source of omega-3s.
- Juice Plus+ Omegas: While most omega products provide only omega-3s, Juice Plus+ Omega Blend provides omega-3s in a base of other plant extracts containing various naturally occurring omega fatty acids.
- Cold-pressed: We cold-press our plant-derived oils to preserve their natural quality and integrity.
- Vegetarian capsules: We encapsulate Juice Plus+ Omega Blend in a vegetarian capsule made from tapioca using a new, state-of-the-art process that protects against degradation.
What is Complete Nutrition and why is it so good for you?
Juice Plus+ Complete is a nutritious, all-natural plant-based powdered drink mix that provides balanced nutrition in every sachet.
- Made from 100% natural plant-based nutritional sources – like all Juice Plus+ products.
- Gluten free and contains no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives – no artificial anything.
- Comes in two flavors – creamy French Vanilla and rich Dutch chocolate, available separately or in a two flavor pack.
- 13 grams of protein per serve. Provided from a proprietary blend of proteins including water-washed soy, peas, chickpeas, tofu, rice, ancient grains and other plant sources.
- Almost 8 grams of fiber per serve in a healthy blend of soluble and insoluble fibers from acacia, guar gum, xanthan, plant cellulose powder, pectin, fructooligosacharides, soy fiber, rice bran and apple fiber.
- Almost no fat at less than ½ gram per serve.
- Only 10.3 g of sugar per serve. Obtained from all natural organic evaporated can juice, stevia and other plant sources.
- 140 calories/504 kilojoules per serve.
- Even the carbs are healthy – all natural plant sources. Slow releasing carbohydrates include quinoa, amaranth, and millet in a proprietary blend of ancient grains that have been cultivated for centuries.
Complete by Juice Plus+ Nutrition Bars provide balanced nutrition on- the-go. These bars are not only tasty but packed with protein and fiber to help you replace empty calories with healthy ones. Low-glycemic, gluten free, non- dairy and vegetarian – Complete Nutrition Bars deliver a perfect snack for any diet.
- Two flavors – Tart Cherry and Honey and Dark Chocolate and Fig;
- Plant protein (pea protein in the cherry, soy protein in the chocolate) – 5g in the cherry and 10g in the chocolate;
- 5g of fiber to help the digestive system;
- Good-for-you ingredients like pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, broccoli, alfalfa and radish sprouts, organic amaranth, quinoa and millet.
For the Family
The kids and the Healthy Start program
Unlike regular gummies and lollies, Juice Plus+ Soft Chews pack a lot of good nutrition in every little handful. Apples, oranges, pineapples, cranberries, peaches, acerola cherries, mango, carrots, spinach, broccoli, kale, cabbage, parsley, prunes, dates, garlic, lemon, beets and tomatoes, even a little rice bran. All providing a variety of phytochemicals and other nutrients that only wholefoods offer.
Great taste with less sugar
Juice Plus+ Chews have to taste good too, so we found a way to make them with only 2 grams of naturally occurring sugar per child’s serve.
- We have accomplished this by using two all-natural sweeteners – tapioca syrup and organic cane syrup and absolutely no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors.
- Our chews are 100% vegetarian; the chewiness comes from natural fruit pectin, not gelatin.
- They deliver the same Juice Plus+ fruit and vegetable powder blends as Juice Plus+ capsules, so they’re also suitable for adults who can’t take capsules.
Healthy Starts for Families
Juice Plus+ is dedicated to improving the state of children’s health and nutrition around the world. We believe that:
- Good nutrition is the foundation of health and inspires other healthy lifestyle choices.
- The best time to establish good health and nutritional habits is during childhood.
- Parental involvement is the key to getting children to adopt good health habits.
Established in 1999, the Family Health Study (formerly known as the Children’s Health Study) is a large-scale, multiyear survey designed to formally document the positive effects Juice Plus+ has on the health and wellness of families who take it. We’ve gathered more than 150,000 reponses.
After only one year on Juice Plus+ parents reported that their children and teenagers:
56% Were taking fewer over-the-counter and/or prescription medication.
60% were missing fewer days at school.
61% were eating more fruits and vegetables.
66% were visiting the doctor less.
71% were consuming less fast food and soft drinks.
71% were drinking more water.
89% were more aware of their health.
96% were reaping a positive benefit of some kind.
At Free Spirited Sisters we have always been on a mission to help people live their best lives through all facets of wellness. We know that balanced health and wellness in body, heart, and mind allows us to function at full capacity.
One of the challenges Katie and I dealt with was a desire to be stay at home moms/mums while also wanting to contribute to the world in other meaningful ways. Being a stay at home parent is one of the most lonely, challenging yet utterly rewarding jobs there is. We love getting to be a part of so many special things as our kids grow up, but we know a lot of mums (myself included) struggle with having a purpose other than mom. We seem to lose some of our identity or at least have to learn how to reconfigure what that is. Don’t get me wrong, I cherish the time I get with my kiddos, but a part of me still wants more. It took me a long time to be ok with that, but in accepting it I found a passion for wellness and helping people through Free Spirited Sisters.
That passion sparked even brighter when we tried some wholefood products a friend recommended. We were always on the hunt for new wellness goodies to share on the blog – if we liked them. But this one stopped us in our tracks and changed the direction our journey has taken. Thus this movement. The funny thing is we weren’t even looking for anything else to do; the Free Spirited Sisters site was plenty of work for us! But we absolutely loved what the products did in our lives so we felt compelled to share them. We just wanted everyone to feel as good as we did. So we became Juice Plus+ representatives because we know that along with the goodness we have throughout this site, our Juice Plus+ products have become an integral part of our ability to function in full health and therefore at our full capacity. You could say we like our Juice Plus a little bit, although that would be a massive understatement!
We could just share our passion for the products with you guys (we just can’t help it), but we feel called to do more than that. We now know what an incredible difference the capsules and shakes can make in our bodies at a blood level, but what we didn’t expect to discover was an amazing community to go with it and a passion to help women (and men too!) add a sense of purpose to their lives, just like we did. We found the full expression of our identities as strong and capable women, who love to care for people, and we have started this movement to help other women do the same. Obviously, you don’t have to be a stay at home mum/mom – maybe you’re just sick of the 9-5 and living for the weekends. Whatever your reason is for wanting more, we want to work with people who want to step into their best life while bringing a whole heart.
In the Girl Gang community we are part of the notion of “community over competition” is thriving. We work alongside women and men that want to reach people and help make healthy changes in their lives. There is no competition, instead, there is a great deal of love and many purpose-driven lives with cheerleaders all around. We don’t just want to help people get healthy, we want to help change their lives through health and wellness, and we’re looking for not just like-minded, but like-hearted people to join our movement to do just that.
The Free Spirited Sisters Movement
We started this movement for two reasons:
- To help as many people feel as good as we do by making one simple change;
- To help women (and men) live their full potential in the world, while still being able to balance the rest of their lives.
If this sounds like that thing you’re looking for, follow your heart and get in touch. If you’re in Australia you can contact Katie at [email protected] If you’re in the United States you can contact Claire at [email protected] And if you’re anywhere else in the world you can still join in, just shoot us a message at [email protected]