Food Focus: Beautiful Berries
We love berries and try to get these delicious fruits into our daily menu on the regular. So what’s so good about them?
What are berries good for?
- Full of antioxidants, they help fight oxidative stress in your body.
- Protect your body against inflammation and free radicals.
- Nutrient dense.
- Rich in Vitamin C.
- Great for immunity and healing.
- Promote skin, eye and heart health.
- Help prevent arthritis and slow down memory loss.
- Can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
How can you get more of them in your diet?
- Add some frozen berries to your smoothie.
- Sprinkle your porridge/oatmeal with some blueberries and raspberries.
- Add some goji berries to your rice or quinoa.
- Dip berries in yoghurt and freeze for a yummy snack.
- Add these berry capsules to your daily routine.
What is your favourite berry? And how do you get more of them into your diet?