Oh, how I love me some Italian food! Mum did an Italian cooking course when we were young, so we got to try a lot of wonderful dishes and it created a love of olives, sun dried tomatoes, basil and much, much more. Fast forward a few years and we have this delicious antipasto pasta as a household staple. It’s quick and easy to put together and a crowd favorite. It can even be served warm or cold, depending on the season. Bing it along to your holiday events or throw it together for a quick and easy dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 package wholewheat penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 cup mixed olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil, shredded
- 1 cup feta or mozzarella (optional), cubed
- 1 cup thin sliced salami ribbons (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash agave syrup
Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Balsamic vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.
3. Pasta salad
Saute zucchini in a little olive oil.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, top with vinaigrette and stir gently to combine.
Try adding freshly cracked pepper and freshly grated parmesan to serve.